If you are interested in making a meaningful difference in the lives of PBC residents, we want to hear from you.
To drive a continuous improvement culture of excellence that achieves a measurably high level of public satisfaction.
"I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community."
"My work has special meaning: This is not 'just a job'."
"When I see the effects in the lives of citizens from what
I accomplish in my job, I feel a sense of pride."
To enable County departments to meet their service delivery responsibilities by hiring the most qualified employees, retaining valued employees by ensuring effective leadership, ensuring competitive wages and benefits, ensuring effective labor/management relations, providing training and development opportunities, and offering a safe and discrimination-free environment.
• Assisting the supervisory, managerial staff of all County departments in the management of HR.
• Filling job vacancies.
• Maintaining permanent employee records.
• Maintaining and improving effective employee/supervisor relationships.
• Improving productivity through training and development programs.
• Enhancing and valuing diversity through Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action.
• Promoting job satisfaction in the interests of an efficient County Government.
• Conducts job analyses, advertises County vacancies, evaluates applications, administers skills tests.
• Refers the most qualified candidates to departments for interviewing.
• Prepares supervisors to conduct legally defensible and appropriate interviews.
• Conducts reference checks on selected candidates and ensures all hiring requirements are met.
• Schedules pre-employment drug tests and physicals.
• Conducts new employee on-boarding which covers benefits, County rules, regulations and conditions of employment.
Palm Beach County companies participate in the U.S. federal government's E-Verify program and will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please select a topic below.
Palm Beach County participa en el programa E-Verify del gobierno federal de los EE. UU., en el cual proveen a la Administración de Seguro Social (SSA, por sus siglas en inglés) y, de ser necesario, al Departamento de Seguridad Nacional (DHS, por sus siglas en inglés) información proveniente del Formulario I-9 del nuevo empleado para confirmar su elegibilidad de empleo. Para obtener más información acerca del programa E-Verify visite éste enlace:
In accordance with Affirmative Action requirements of Sec. 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the County provides reasonable accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation for interviewing or initial employment, please notify the Palm Beach County BCC Human Resources Department.
Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners will not tolerate unlawful discrimination, harassment of any kind, or retaliation. It is the policy of the County to ensure that Palm Beach County is in compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination statutes. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Palm Beach County is committed to exercising fair employment practices in all terms and conditions of employment for all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or marital status.
The Palm Beach County BCC is an EO/AA Employer M/F/D/V; (Drug Free Work Place).